Monday, January 30, 2017

Be careful what you wish for

Is this really what the people who elected Trump wanted?  Not the people who were behind getting him elected, but the real people who voted for him.  The ones like you and me, who get up every morning, go to work, play with their kids, you know just folk.  Did they really want to have a fascist country, where one man makes decisions for all of us, whether we or they like it or not?

It is easy when you have an idea of what you want your government to look like to pick a candidate and vote.  This time I think the people who voted for Trump were fooled into believing he stood for what they believe in.  I don't think they had any idea of his true agenda.  I don't think they realized he was as sick as he is.  At least I would like to believe they did not know.

I wonder how many of them are as shocked and upset as those of us who did not vote for this lunatic.  I cannot believe they wanted a dictator who would, in a very short time, turn much of the world against us.

I guess it is like the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you may get it."  But did they really?

No comments:

Post a Comment