Saturday, January 28, 2017

America, Home of the Brave and Land of the Free

I thought we lived in America, Home of the Brave and Land of the Free.  I have never lived in a fascist state, nor did I want to, but I guess all of that is changing.

We have a lunatic in the white house who is taking away our liberties by executive order and because of an article in the constitution he can do that.  I keep asking when is congress going to put a muzzle and a leash on this guy.  Well they can and can't.  They assume, as we did that this guy could be reasoned with.  Have you ever tried to reason with an out of control teenager?  Good luck with that.

I find it truly sad that Justin Trudeau, the prime minister of our neighbor to the north, is more compassionate towards people fleeing oppression than we are.

Did 911 frighten us so badly that we have become hardened to the plight of people fighting for their lives.  Don't get me wrong 911 was devastating.  It was despicable, but not every Muslim is a terrorist any more than every American is a Trump supporter.  We have people who are waiting to come into this country, who have legitimate papers, now stuck in no-man's land because we have an insane guy in the white house.  So I suppose that is all right as long as they stay in the countries they came from or in the country they are now stuck in.  Well isn't that swell of us.  Let's let the rest of the world deal with this since we are now bigots.

I do not want to be classed as a bigot.  I have stood up to bigotry since I was a child.  I do not want to live in a bigoted, fascist, elitist country, where everyone looks the same, talks the same, and thinks the same.  How boring that would be.

I hope my guy is right and due process will win out, but the damage that will be done between now and then frightens me more than at any other time in my adult life.  Where is the reason?  Where is the justice?  Where is the compassion?   Think people, think.

No comments:

Post a Comment