Friday, March 10, 2017

Quit telling me to get over it!!!!

By all rights I should be a Republican.  I was raised in a family full of Republicans.  The most influential people in my life were Republican.  But, somewhere along the line I started looking at what they stood for and thought about it long and hard and felt that the party of my family wasn't the party for me.  For a long time I did not even let them know.  I did not want to argue with the people I loved so much.  I did not understand how they could be in favor of so many things that did not have anything to do with human rights and why they felt that building a big military was more important than taking care of poor people.

During these troubled times, many of my friends have been offended by posts I have done relating to the guy in the White House.   Equally, I have been offended by their posts.  Even though I do not understand their opinions they have a right to them.   I decided to blog about my opinions, rather than push them in their face on Facebook.  I decided to start a Facebook page to send all of my opinion filled posts to a place they did not have to look at it, if they did not want to.  And, still, I read their posts filled with insults and telling me to get over it, the guy in the White House is our president.  It does not seem to matter to them that he and the group he surrounds himself with are using the highest office in our government to further their own financial gains or that we have stepped back at least 40 years in the  fight for clean water and educating our children and the future of our country.

I have spoken to several Trump supporters and asked them if they knew who Steve Bannon was and what he believed in, since he is the guy in the White House' chief advisor.  Of those I talked to no one knew anything about him.  They did not know about his other cabinet members who are directly involved in banking with Russians or that the guy in the White House sells property to Russians looking to hide their money.

If you are going to back someone so fully whose agenda seems to be to tear our government apart (and don't misunderstand, I realize there are a lot of flaws in our system), at least read up on what the agenda is.  It certainly is not about making this country great again, it is about getting all the information they can to make themselves richer and insulting the American people's intelligence by feeding them fear and lies.

The Republicans keep telling us to get over it.  Sorry folks, I can't.  If I trusted that this regime was really working for our country it would not matter to me if they were Republican, Democrat or dog walker.  But I cannot get over that our government is being torn apart and reassembled by people whose only goal is their own agenda for their own good not ours.  So please DO NOT ASK ME TO GET OVER IT and please stop insulting people who don't feel the way you do.  And, for goodness sake, please find out more about the people you want us to get over.  That is all I ask, find out more about them.  Not the stuff that you want to believe but the real stuff.  It is available on the Internet as well as in the library.

THINK



No comments:

Post a Comment